12 thoughts on “The Big-Headed People and Other Stories”

  1. The Orange Book:
    1BC9029F-8B42-4BBF-8B59-485068155202
    The Eibonvale chapbook: 50 pages
    The first half of the title story was published in MARKED TO DIE (Snuggly Books 2016), the second half being brand new to the Eibonvale Press book.
    Other works:
    A Halo of Drizzle Around an Orange Street Lamp
    Thoughts and Themes
    Origami Shadows
    The Soft Tread

  2. The blurb on chapbook cover:
    “The story missed a beat. It was sad. It never knew it could create such utter truth from such utter fantasy.”
    These stories of D. F. Lewis are deeply rooted in both horror and dreams, yet told in a way that maybe comes closest to ‘outsider art’. These works are dreamlike in a true sense of the term, capturing that feeling of portentous yet seemingly random shifts in narrative, state and environment with complete ease. The results are both subtly unnerving in ways few horror stories manage and also demonstrate the author’s unique writing style.
    This collection includes an expanded version of the title story plus four smaller pieces.





  3. The title story is about my head, true, with added themes and variations. Francis is my middle name; I am genuinely an only child named after my Welsh Uncle Desmond who died in action during the second world war and my London East End Uncle Frank who died in 1980. My wife has a much smaller head than mine and so our two now grown-up children have normal sized heads. Otherwise, what is the story about? I do not know, other than it is very dumpty.
    The extra stories chosen by ‘Frightful Horrors’ are typical of my later work and I would welcome interpretations. Thoughts and Themes as nurtured by life in our current chalet bungalow at the seaside and by my stage in life when in a few days I am 70? And the sound of a future lung collapsing like a Circus big tent about to be moved on.

I am more than delighted with the Eibonvale production. THANKS.
end