Sunday, March 26, 2023

The Films of His Life by Brian Howell

 

The Films of His Life by Brian Howell

5964871a-f169-4315-b1d4-725382e3f331

(A mini-novel in four screen ratios)

“What is the next step? Write a film review, make a film, become a cinema manager …”

As I have done recently with my pet art AI (HERE) shot by shot, frame by frame, screen by screen, but this short quadcunxed story somehow wonderfully conveys the excitement of the  old days of moving big faces on cinema screens, the Westerns et al that Mark’s father saw and imbued his son with, those  cinema fascinations, and I follow the box shapes I grew up with in the fifties and then the later various panorama screen ratios of Mark’s listed experiences, many of the named Directors and films shuttling past my inner megascopic screen as I remember most of these types of art film etc. here being straddled by Mark’s sodomic days blending, segueing or soft.-focussing into a dream scene of his potential straight-lined marriage and a daughter whom he’d imbue with cinema films, too — transcending any possible disratios of any old AI, I guess.

“What I want to know is what is the ratio of my dreams, what is the ratio of yours?”

4a8f663a-39e3-4eff-b8ec-7dbaa4e218aa-1

A story in NEURO MAGAZINE #3

My previous reviews of Brian Howell: https://dflewisreviews.wordpress.com/tag/brian-howell/

More of my single desseminations of the new as due to be linked from here: https://dflewisreviews.wordpress.com/2023/01/24/39772/

E02AEB42-58DC-47C1-8DCF-19333999BF96

No comments: