Sunday, November 19, 2023

THINGS BREAK DOWN by Ashley Stokes

 

THINGS BREAK DOWN by Ashley Stokes

  A story recently published in Phatasmagora Magazine 23 HERE

Reviewed as part of my ‘Dessemination’ project HERE

***

“No one jostled at the intersection.”

This is like one of my ‘mansions’ made into mammoths not miniatures, a woman climbing floor by floor, a story by story that chrysalises with the other Stokes stories I have reviewed HERE, something indigo at the corner of my eye  as “I lay down and stared at the white expanse of the ceiling.” The Age of Disorder with AI after AI glancing out of me and into me, attacked by spores as well as whatever else is here. And who is ‘you’ in preference to Christian’s throb, and what did we do when we finished pretending to be the Famous Five? (There being a new book out recently by Nicholas Royle about David Bowie and Enid Blyton, is my first aside.) A human being helping an AI in an Astrological Tower become a sort of mansion of the moon so as for this woman specifically to feed someone’s pussy cats, from Scullery to roofless Skull. The worst of all nightmares, the best of all dreams. (Another aside, ‘mansion’ is an anagram of ‘onanism’.) My reviews now break down upon this story edifice. The end is nigh for me… No justice done, I have just touched its insides from outside.

“I wanted to make sense of them, look for patterns…”

So instead I fall back on the enemy AI, whence I have dared seek retrospective pictorials before …. and for which daring I wear sackcloth and ashes…

…the whole shifting collage for Ashley Stokes HERE

No comments: