Friday, July 17, 2009

ANONthology

Following my real-time review of 'ANONthology' HERE, I show below my guesses of authorship. I have no reason to believe I should be good at this task!













DO - Christopher Nicholson
PAVILION - Yiyun Li
THE HYPNOTIST'S WIFE - Joyce Carol Oates
THE POLITICAL OBLIGATIONS OF THE LOVER - Patrick Gale
THE APPROACH - Laura Spinney
PURPLE INK - Rebecca Connell
LETTER FROM PARIS - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
IN THE CAMP - Philip Hensher
THE BEARS - Rudolph Delson

6 comments:

Nemonymous said...

Based (today 3 Nov 09) on the Harper Collins blog, I'e got the first one wrong! 'DO' is by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

Nemonymous said...

Based (today 16 Nov 09) on the Harper Collins blog, I've got another one wrong! :(
'The Political Obligations of the Lover' is by Rudolph Delson.

Nemonymous said...

Based today (8 Dec 09) on the HarperCollins blog, I've got another one wrong. 'In The Camp' is by Patrick Gale. It looks as if I've got them all wrong! :(

Nemonymous said...

Another one wrong for me according to publisher's blog today (17 Dec 09)! :|
'The Hypnotist's Wife' is by Rebecca Connell.

Nemonymous said...

Hey! I got one right - at last. According to Publisher's blog (today: 5 Jan 2010) PAVILION was by Yiyun Li. :)

Nemonymous said...

The Publishe4r has just this minute (5 Jan 2010) revealed all the answers:

Do – by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

Pavilion – by Yiyun Li

The Hypnotist’s Wife - by Rebecca Connell

The Political Obligations of the Lover – by Rudolph Delson

The Approach – by Christopher Nicholson

Purple Ink – by Joyce Carol Oates, extracted from Little Bird of Heaven

Letter from Paris – by Laura Spinney

In the Camp - by Patrick Gale

The Bears – by Philip Hensher
==============
It seems I only got one right! Ah well. :)