Monday, May 22, 2006

Dominy Clements/ Margaret B Simon

DOMINY CLEMENTS

'The Painter' (Nemonymous #4) was my first ever entry
as a writer, and as they say here in The Netherlands,
I 'fell with my nose in the butter'. Thus encouraged,
I've had a few minor successes with some other
stories, but having always wanted to have a whole book
to my name, I'm just putting the finishing touches to
a short/long story collection/novel called 'The Light
Rail'. Once finished, I shall of course have to do all
that dreaded phoning around trying to sell the thing,
so I've been resourcefully piling up excuses for not
finishing: getting a new job, writing CD reviews,
being a dad and keeping up a busy
performance/rehearsal schedule as a professional
musician and composer. I only have one story to go,
but as it supposedly answers the questions of life,
the universe and everything it's a bit tricky. Anyone
have a spare desert island?


DOMINY CLEMENTS (flautist/composer) for Duo Hofinger, Salonorkest SOFA,
3-Orm, www.lautareasca.com

Homepage @ http://members.tripod.com/~iptych/index.html


Des says: I was very proud to be the publisher of Dominy's very first publication in creative fiction. I first 'knew' him on a Classical Music discussion forum where I sneakily advertised 'Nemonymous'! Imagine my surprise and delight when I discovered that I had accepted a story by Dominy and, in my view, a masterpiece that will long last.
And there have been many other Nemonymous fiction fledglings in the Nemonymous canon who have gone on to bigger and better things.

=====================================
=====================================

STRIPED PAJAMAS (Nemonymous Two)

Des says: Margaret B Simon and I had a very enjoyable and fruitful regular correspondence by handwritten letter (do people still write letters?) during most of the nineties between USA and UK...
She is a very successful artist and poet/ prose stylist over many years and I am one of her biggest fans. She wrote the short report below as a result of my recent call for 'items' by previous Nemo writers:

<< Sam's Dot Publishing is doing a collection of my flash fictions, and "Striped Pajamas" is included (Issue #2). It will probably be published late this year or early next year. :) I also sold a piece I'd submitted to Nemo 5, which was on the final cut list, to From the Asylum this year. >>

No comments: