Sunday, August 15, 2010

Jaded by Fiction?

Jaded by Fiction?

posted Sunday, 8 March 2009

From here: http://www.ligotti.net/showpost.php?p=17625&postcount=13
Quote Originally Posted by Alberto D. Hetman
It is being harder every time I pick a book to find something new, something that amazes me, that makes me wonder as much as when I read my first Poe's tale when I was 16.


I think most of us would be familiar with that feeling.

I still find the odd exciting fiction - often it is only published on the internet.

And there are writers I'm always amazed at: Elizabeth Bowen, Thomas Ligotti, Robert Aickman...

And I've been excitd by a whole tranche of good Horror stuff in some new books by new writers recently: eg: by Richard Gavin, Matt Cardin, Gary McMahon, Gary Fry, Simon Strantzas, Mark Samuels ....


....and Tamar Yellin.

It's never too late to cease being jaded with literature.

No comments: