Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Melding

Melding

posted Monday, 26 May 2008
Written today and first published here


To count up the total score in your hand of cards is called melding. It somehow relates to life itself. But the choice of the precise time of melding is all important. Life has many potential melding-points, but not having before established the availability of melding-points at all, I can now locate one at this moment with a vengeance. The very act of writing about it has brought this opportunity to my attention for the very first time. So, now seems the optimum choice for a melding-point because of any new score earned from the very fact of knowingly laying my cards on the table to be counted. It is also important to do so quickly, at this first opportunity, because Death may intervene before I am able to take this melding-point reading today. Death itself will probably be the next optimum melding-point but God doesn’t count.




comments (4)



1. Weirdmonger left...
Monday, 26 May 2008 9:58 pm
doesn't count? or can't?



2. Weirdmonger left...
Tuesday, 27 May 2008 9:23 am
CODA to Melding post

'The Workshop of Filthy Creations' - encountered by me (for the first conscious time) on the Vault website. I've not known this expression before nor known, until the last few weeks, that it is a quote from Mary Shelley's Frankenstein. It now makes me think of the context of the 'Weirdmonger' book. I find myself able to do this with a certain objectivity granted both by the passing of time and by my 'crazy' belief in Nemonymity (a mutant form of the high-faluting Aesthetic theory of the Intentional Fallacy)! The book is ragbag of some of my mildly 'filthier' pieces as well as pieces I now actively detest (as well as some that remain good ones in my eyes!). It is almost as if it compiled itself. It has become a sort of Frankenstein monster. I never saw myself as Weirdmonger. This was surely a word for a fiction character. But I find myself being subsumed by it. It is a Horror film being played out on the internet, with a motley (often disinterested, sometimes engaged) audience *very sparsely* scattered in the cinema stalls.



4. Weirdmonger left...
Wednesday, 28 May 2008 5:35 pm
2nd comment above sounds a bit like Gerald Ratner!

No comments: